Tuesday, February 27, 2007

is white really a colour?

as i sit at my desk, typing this post, i look at a tissue lying in front of me. It is white. And then i ask myself, is white really a colour?

thats it

:P


As i think back on what i have learn't about colours and the theory that white is not reely a colour but a combination of all the 7 vibgyor colours, but its different when an object is white, coz it has white pigments or something like that....... i feel kinda nerdish.... i try to switch off... i look back at that goddamn tissue!! why did you have to be white???

gone are the days when i could just look at a white tissue, and smile because the colour made me happy. Why do i have to think? Why do i try to divide everything into something smaller, and smaller, and smaller. Now i look at that tissue, and it saddens me.

White is my favourite colour. I like the fact that when i ask anyone what their favourite colour is, they never say white. Black, Blue, Red, Pink.... but never white... but then, is white really a colour?

6 comments:

Arjun said...

I miss the days when I could say "coming" and not get giggles out of it...

Udai Kapila said...

lolz...what have we become!!!

Nishant said...

Well.

White is the colour of purity.

Anonymous said...

Really kool site udai... waiting for the next update..

Anonymous said...

I liked da post it was interesting

Wats black btw (non-phsics explanation)??

Juhi said...

No it isn't.

It doesn't have shades.

It's ultimate and extreme and has no variations or pigmentations.

It's not a colour because it's what's there when nothing is there.

White and Black. They're there when nothing else is there.

Yet, they're something. I don't know what.