Friday, March 23, 2007

capability rant

theres this emotion... i don't know what to call it... it can best be described as desire, but not quite enough. Admiration? Paradox?

It makes me smile but i know it is not happiness. It makes me sad but i know it is not sadness.

I hate capability.... capability means that you are capable of doing something in the near future, but not exactly at that present moment.... last Wednesday, i had a tennis session. We were made to play matches. I lost all my matches. But i knew that each match i lost... it felt wrong... i knew that i could have won each and every one of those matches, but there was something in me that held me back.

I love the game of tennis... it is my passion... but when i got onto the court that day, i was not comfortable... i was tense... anxious...

Pessimist:
They say failure is the stepping stone to success.... i think that is absolute bull... each time i lose, i feel lost, i have no confidence left in me... how can all that lead me to success??

Optamist:
They say that bouncing back from a failure is a quality found in leaders... Today i will go onto the court again... make it my domain.... and i will hunt. come failure, come success... i don't care anymore.... i will play my heart out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Music is my passion. I've been trying to get to the top for the past few years, without success and without recognition. It hurt me to see that new comers were being given more credit and more of the limelight when it meant so much more to me. I believe that failure is the stepping stone to success. Sometimes you feel so enraged that you want to keep trying so that you won't remember what happened the last few times you tried. So do your, best

Anonymous said...

So do your best.* When you do succeed, it'll be more satisfying because deep down, you'll know you didn't give up.

Nishant said...

Udai. Things come and things go. Times come and times go. What drives you should be what you want to achieve, not whether you achieve it or not. I know, it hurts when you get the butt of things, but that should push you on, push you further. I know you'll feel like you're low-lying, but you're not. Take it from me. It's happened to me too. And you witnessed it. Everyone did. Things shouldn't change because you fail to achieve what you were striving for. You said you don't care anymore? Then why do you feel so down? You played your heart out? Then why do you regret anything? The limits of your abilities are barriers to be broken down. And by trying, you've already weakened them so much, that they will crumble as soon as you want them to. So get back on your feet, Udai. Things shouldn't change because you fail to achieve what you were striving for.

What drives you should be what you want to achieve, not whether you achieve it or not.

Kapil.. said...

udai im suprised u lost those matches if ur aim while batting when playing cricket is anything like ur aim when playing tennis ..u shud have won those matches

Remember the time u managed to hit me three times in the stomach when we were playing in the corridor and the funny part was that i was the runner not the bowler.(Although my role was similar to that of a fielder since i managed to save 18 runs , the first time ive fielded well :p)